Monday, February 23, 2009

What??? Is that a bad case of leprosy?

I am a bit disappointed in myself. I've been really focused on the fact that it doesn't really matter what you look like as long as you exert confidence. Well, that feat has been crushed due to a freak-accident in the upper lip waxing department. I am officially a hermit until my face heals. I will only be participating in minimal activities that do not involve people looking at my face.

Yesterday, I finally got around to waxing my upper lip. The wax was not hot enough when applied so it stuck to my face after the strip was ripped away. Needless to say, another strip was used to reapply and remove the wax one too many times. I am missing a layer of skin, leaving me with a dashingly hideous red moustache. I would love to tribute it to something interesting like leprosy or flesh-eating bacteria (thank you Mr. Jackson), but it's just not that cool.

Needless to say I am not working until this heals. I cannot face the children (or administrators). I've refused to go to my dance class tonight, did not play in my soccer games yesterday. I'll be at the gym though...this is not enough to kill my junk habit so a work-out is in order.

Did I mention that it was my Mom who did the waxing? Poor Mommy, and me!

2 comments:

Acadaemia Nut said...

OMG that sucks! I'm sorry! (but I also laughed a little...sorry for that, too) Let me tell you from personal experience: sugaring is definitely the way to go. I've had it done (in the special ladyparts area, no less) and it is SO much less painful than waxing. The sugar doesn't stick to your skin so there's no danger of your skin being ripped off. It would feel like baby angels tickling your upper lip in comparison.

Hope the healing goes quickly!

rayeraye09 said...

lol!!! Thanks for the advice...you are super funny. I will try that next time (but hopefully I will get around to some laser hair removal!)