Sunday, December 7, 2008

Apparently, I've still got it in me!

Sometimes when you're feeling down and out, someone from the past writes you an email that just makes your day. This happened today, and needless to say, I was touched (although it remains to be seen if I will be responding...lol). I have interjected comments to help explain my feelings, and the situation, in red (there never was an us, fyi).

"Beautiful Rachel, (flattered)

Dang, I was watching a documentary on "La' France" (I am part French), goose liver, those beautiful French places along the Dordogne River, and I was like (like, how old are we?) thinking about you. I thought about withdrawing all my savings and setting us up with a trip to La France, but then thought "doood, come on!!!" lol But seriously, how have you been? Whatcha got going on lately? Any cool chemistry activities besides the heart chemistry"missing-you" reaction you left reacting in my life? (yes, we were both chem nerds so the dorky love joke is actually very appropriate...although, love? naw) I hope so!!! lol... Me nothing but work... pretty fun considering the way things are.

I almost got married to a half-Indonesian/half-Chinese chick from Amsterdam with 2 master degrees, but I chickened out. (I wonder what the real story is) Uhmmm... also met another super-beautiful Mexican-American girl, but dumped me cus' she's not over the getting drunk, clubbing, and dancing on the tables stage. (that's why you don't meet people in bars) I'm confused still, cus she flipped out when I asked her for our last kiss with a "Our last kiss????" Like she thinks maybe we'll have more or something, but in all honesty, I told her I wasn't over you and our drunk moment at Mother's Tavern (it was one freaking drunken kiss!). I know I'm a hopeless romantic to even think about you... But hey, we both had crushes on each other (um, maybe you had a crush on me but the feeling was NOT mutual) in that polymers class with Mr. Kingsbury (we were just study buddies, and the class wasn't anatomy or anything like that...lol), I'm aging good like those red wines (that is by far the best line in this whole email, he's only 2 years older than me) ;) LOL... Maybe we could make a good story...

So are you back with Danny or what? (HELL FREAKING NO!!!) I hope you're not, cus you told me he's a jerk. (more like a psycho, I usually have much better judgement) Maybe a stupid question, cus I'm almost sure you have way too many guys after you. (hmmm...I guess that could be true, but none that I'm actually interested in as of now) At any rate, I hope you're not with a jerk that doesn't treat you like a queen. (I have plenty of self respect...thank you very much...hehe)

Hey, I'm gonna be in SF the weekend of January 17-18. I was wondering if you have no tight-shirt bf (tight shirt bf???? wtf!!!???!!! it's like he's suggesting I date douche bags) if I could take you out to dinner to some restaurant (not sure which cus I've never been to SF) (no thank you, but I appreciate the offer). Did you end up in SF anyways? Or did you go somewhere else? Maybe you're living with some boring man (I hope not) (nope!) in some nice private village(really... I hope not) (I prefer suburbia or cities). If you don't reply (as I'm guessing you got bored and stopped reading) (no way, this is the most interesting letter I've received ever!!! It was good enough to make my blog!), I'll just keep waiting, wishing, and hoping maybe I'll find you at some random place, single, and willing to chat over a coffee about chemistry and big a nerd you are. (ouch, apparently I will always be nerdy)

Happy holidays!!!
-Danny
P.S. At least lets meet so we could dance just one more song... It's okay if you won't sleep with me.. lol j/k" (as if you ever had a chance!!!)

So what's the point of this? I've been feeling pretty down lately (not depressed, just a little low) because I'm stuck. This was a great pick-me-up, so thanks to Danny for making one of my more sad weekends a hell of a lot better.

There are lots events that happen in life, some take you to lows you never knew you'd reach, and other's bring you to highs that you'd like to run on forever. I'd love to ride the high forever, but it's those damn lows that make my highs worth it.

Thank you to all that have taught me that lesson...from BOTH highs and lows...and especially the lows, because it's from the lows that I learn to draw my internal happiness. I'm a lucky girl :)

2 comments:

Acadaemia Nut said...

I thought only girls write long rambling quasi-desperate emails like this... Nice to know it goes both ways! :)

rayeraye09 said...

hahahaha!!! I was quite surprised to get that email! and you have very interesting ramblings in your blog...don't worry!