Monday, July 14, 2008

Two Tributes: To Olive and To My Zit

Tribute #1:

Before I begin my tribute to the zit on my face, let me just say R.I.P to Olive Riley, the world's oldest blogger (at age 108).  For those of you interested, the link to her yahoo story is below.  I was shocked when I opened yahoo before blogging and that was the article I read first.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080714/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliainternetblogging


Tribute #2:

ODE TO ZIT

When I was a greasy teenager
I had more than my fair share of zits
Those who showed their faces on mine
were tastefully covered with make-up

I longed for the day
these zits would no longer pester me

I am still longing.

I was informed that at the ripe age of 24.5
I would have clear, beautiful skin
like those air-brushed models
but for real

liars.

No comments: