Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Hunt for Green October is on...

It's scholarship time...a.k.a. jumping through tons of hoops to receive free money that is very elusive. I have officially reminded myself on why I vehemently refused to apply for scholarships during undergrad...IT SUCKS! Of course, that's why I have some wonderfully acquired debt from a degree that I only used for 8 months before undergoing a quarter-life crisis due to lay-off. Sheesh. And now it's time to take on a second pile of debt (this time for a much more relevant purpose)!!! Which brings me back to the first line of this paragraph.

Every single website boasts how it's the best search engine for the most money and matches you up with the most scholarships. However, upon entering something as simple as nursing, I am bombarded with requests to apply to such-and-such trade schools even though I am ALREADY ACCEPTED INTO A FREAKING SCHOOL! How frustrating! Then, when I'm already annoyed enough, the only scholarships I am directed to have absolutely nothing to do with nursing! Worst of all, I'm NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THEM! Some search engine.

Hence the purchase of a $32.00 (w/o tax) book on scholarships. Upon spending approximately 2 hours reading through it, I have found at least 20 scholarships I can apply for, mostly related to nursing, and even some that are not! Too bad I already wasted about 5 hours on the Internet pulling out my hair and ending up with male-pattern balding at way to early an age (and not to mention that I am the wrong sex).

No comments: