Sunday, February 8, 2009

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

And if the above wasn't enough...OMGOMGOMG!!!! I was accepted into my first choice campus at the only nursing school I applied to this year!!!!! I LITERALLY ALMOST PISSED MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, now I have regained my composure. I am so happy to see my hard work pay off! :)

I came home on lunch from my long term subbing position (I have 2 weeks in a middle school PE class, more on that in a sec) to let my poor old doggie out since she's been pooping in the house lately, and I saw a nicely sized envelope in the mail box. With the about 5 minutes that I had, I ripped it open and immediately saw that I was congratulated on the front of the folder, so that was exciting in itself. And then upon opening I discovered that I got into SF! WOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOT!!!!! Whew, lots of excitement this weekend. I start at the end of April and I have not worked out the logistics yet of moving and such b/c I need to wait on getting financial aid first.

Joy...more student loans. Just what I need :(

New mission=must stop biting/picking cuticles NOW! I have the ultimate motivation. But it's soooo hard!

Wanna know what else sucks? 6-8th grade students with attitude. Luckily, the majority of the kids are super cool, so I'm not yelling too much. Key addition to my regime...a whistle. Now they have to listen when I blow it. Hehehehe. But the best part of subbing is this: rainy days. Yup, we do swing dancing and it is probably the cutest thing ever to see these awkward sixth graders (and some seventh and eighth graders) try to get up the courage to dance with each other, and then try to learn the words...LOL! I actually hope that I can be in this class longer for 2 weeks, especially since I need the $$. And now I really want to take JK and find some swing dancing lessons b/c it looks super fun!

On the dancing note, I am taking a salsa class with my mom and sis that is awesome! It doesn't matter that my sis and I are the youngest people by at least 10 years. And we get to dance with men who are our dad's age...lol. I am getting more and more into dancing as time goes on (aka I grow old and have to play less and less soccer).

Last comment...my new obsession (from, like, two months ago) is Alicia Keys Radio on Pandora. That shiz rocks.

"Some people want it all, but I don't want nothing at all. If it ain't you baby. If I ain't got you baby!"

1 comment:

Acadaemia Nut said...

Hey congrats! That's awesome!